With #Holi right around the corner, bringing to you Rasmalai Tres Leches, which is a perfect dessert to celebrate the festival of colors 🥰✨
This fusion recipe is definitely for keeps and you gotta try it to satisfy your festive sweet-tooth ❤️🤌🏻
✨6 tbsp all purpose flour
✨1/4 tsp baking powder
✨1/4 cup curd
✨1/8 tsp baking soda
✨3 tbsp sugar
✨2 tbsp oil
✨1/4 tsp kewra essence
✨1/4 tsp cardamom powder
✨Yellow food colour
✨6 tbsp milk
✨2 tbsp condensed milk
✨3 tbsp heavy cream
✨1/8 tsp saffron strands
1. Pre -heat the oven to 180 degree C and line a 4 inch square cake pan with parchment paper leaving handles on all 4 sides so that the cake comes out easily.
2. In a bowl, add curd and baking soda and let it rest for a few minutes.
3. To the same bowl add oil, sugar, essence and colour and give it a good mix using a whisk.
4. Sift in the flour and baking powder into the mix and whisk till no lumps of flour are visible. Do not overmix at this stage.
5. Sprinkle some cardamom powder over the batter and give it one final mix.
6.Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan. Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes or only until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. While the cake is baking, make the milk mixture by combining warm milk with saffron
8. Add the heavy cream and condensed milk to this milk mixture and whisk well.
9. After the cake is baked, prick it with a fork while it’s still hot.
10. Pour the milk liquid on the cake and tilt the pan so that the milk covers the entire cake. Let it set in the fridge for one hour.
11. After one hour, demould the cake from the pan. Top with whipped cream, pistachios, some more liquid and serve!