Vanilla Cake with Fresh Strawberries, Indulge in the heavenly goodness of our homemade vanilla cake with strawberries. This easy-to-follow recipe guarantees a moist and flavorful cake topped with ripe, juicy strawberries – a perfect treat for any occasion!
Looking for a delectable dessert that will impress your family and friends? Our Vanilla Cake with Strawberries recipe is a delightful choice. This moist and fluffy vanilla cake is adorned with a luscious layer of fresh, juicy strawberries, making it an irresistible treat for birthdays, anniversaries, or any day you want to sweeten up. Follow our step-by-step instructions to create this mouthwatering masterpiece.
Ingredients Vanilla Cake with Fresh Strawberries:
For the Vanilla Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Strawberry Topping:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch (optional, for thickening)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare the Cake Batter: In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Alternate Mixing: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Bake the Cakes: Divide the cake batter evenly between the prepared pans. Smooth the tops with a spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the Strawberry Topping: While the cakes cool, prepare the strawberry topping. In a saucepan, combine the sliced strawberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. If you prefer a thicker sauce, mix in the cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until the strawberries soften and release their juices, and the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Assemble the Cake: Once the cakes and strawberry topping are cooled, place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread a layer of the strawberry topping on top of the cake layer. Place the second cake layer on top and cover it with the remaining strawberry topping.
- Serve and Enjoy: Slice and serve your delicious Vanilla Cake with Strawberries. Enjoy the sweet and tangy combination of flavors!
Conclusion: Our Vanilla Cake with Strawberries is a delightful dessert that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. The moist vanilla cake pairs perfectly with the fresh, juicy strawberries, making it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion. Try this recipe today and savor the sweetness!
Nutrition Information for Vanilla Cake with Fresh Strawberries (per serving):
Please note that the following nutritional values are approximate and can vary based on portion size and specific ingredients used.
- Calories: Approximately 350-400 calories per serving (one slice of cake with strawberries)
- Fat: About 15-20 grams
- Saturated Fat: 8-10 grams
- Cholesterol: 60-80 milligrams
- Sodium: 200-300 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 50-60 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 1-2 grams
- Sugars: 30-40 grams
- Protein: 4-6 grams
Key Nutritional Highlights:
- Calories: The calorie content can vary depending on the size of the slice and the amount of strawberry topping used. Generally, a typical serving of Vanilla Cake with Strawberries contains around 350-400 calories.
- Fat: This dessert contains a moderate amount of fat, primarily from butter in the cake and minimal fat from the strawberries.
- Saturated Fat: The saturated fat content is mainly from the butter in the cake. It provides approximately 8-10 grams per serving.
- Cholesterol: Each serving contains around 60-80 milligrams of cholesterol, primarily from the eggs and butter in the cake.
- Sodium: The sodium content is relatively low, with approximately 200-300 milligrams per serving.
- Carbohydrates: The majority of the calories in this dessert come from carbohydrates, with around 50-60 grams per serving.
- Dietary Fiber: While this dessert is not a significant source of fiber, it contains about 1-2 grams per serving.
- Sugars: The natural sugars from the strawberries, combined with the sugar in the cake, contribute to a total of approximately 30-40 grams of sugar per serving.
- Protein: There is a modest amount of protein in each serving, with approximately 4-6 grams.
Note: The nutritional values can vary based on the specific recipe and serving size. To get the most accurate nutritional information, it’s recommended to use a nutritional calculator or the packaging of the specific ingredients you use to make the cake. Additionally, you can make adjustments to the recipe, such as using lower-fat dairy or sugar substitutes, to modify the nutritional content to better suit your dietary preferences.