Crispy Fried Potatoes and Onions Recipe, Elevate your meals with our irresistible fried potatoes and onions recipe. Learn how to make crispy, golden-brown potatoes with perfectly caramelized onions that will complement any dish.
Fried potatoes and onions are a classic comfort food that adds a delightful crunch and flavor to your meals. Whether you’re looking for a tasty side dish or a hearty breakfast option, this recipe is a winner. Join us as we guide you through the steps to create crispy, golden-brown potatoes paired with caramelized onions. Get ready to impress your taste buds with this simple yet satisfying dish.
Ingredients Crispy Fried Potatoes and Onions Recipe:
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional for added flavor)
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Instructions Crispy Fried Potatoes and Onions Recipe:
- Prepare Potatoes and Onions: Start by peeling and slicing the potatoes into thin rounds. Thinly slice the onion as well. This uniformity in thickness ensures even cooking.
- Rinse and Drain: Place the sliced potatoes in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes to remove excess starch. Drain and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Heat Oil: In a large skillet or frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. You’ll want enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Add Potatoes: Carefully place the sliced potatoes into the hot oil, ensuring they are in a single layer. Avoid overcrowding the pan, as this can lead to uneven cooking. You may need to cook the potatoes in batches.
- Season: Sprinkle the salt, black pepper, and paprika evenly over the potatoes. These seasonings will add depth to the flavor.
- Fry Until Golden: Cook the potatoes for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown and crispy. Use a spatula to flip them.
- Add Onions: Once the potatoes are crispy and golden, add the thinly sliced onions to the pan. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions become soft and caramelized, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Serve Hot: Transfer the fried potatoes and onions to a serving dish. Garnish with fresh parsley for a pop of color and extra flavor, if desired. Serve hot as a delicious side dish or a hearty breakfast option.
With this easy-to-follow fried potatoes and onions recipe, you can create a mouthwatering side dish that complements a variety of meals. Whether you enjoy them for breakfast, brunch, or as a side with dinner, these crispy potatoes and caramelized onions are sure to satisfy your taste buds. Elevate your culinary skills and impress your family and friends with this simple yet irresistible dish.
Here’s the approximate nutritional information for a typical serving of fried potatoes and onions. Please note that these values can vary based on factors such as the size of the serving and the specific ingredients used:
Serving Size: 1 cup (approximately)
Calories: 200-250 calories
Total Fat: 10-12 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1-2 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Sodium: 300-400 milligrams (varies based on added salt)
Total Carbohydrates: 25-30 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 3-4 grams
- Sugars: 2-3 grams
Protein: 3-4 grams
Vitamin C: 10-15% of the Daily Value (DV) Potassium: 10-15% DV Vitamin A: 0% Calcium: 1-2% DV Iron: 5-7% DV
Note: These values are approximate and can vary based on factors like the amount of oil used for frying and the specific type of potatoes and onions used. Additionally, the inclusion of paprika or other seasonings may slightly alter the nutritional content. It’s important to practice portion control and use healthy cooking methods when preparing this dish to make it a nutritious part of your diet.