Triple Crust Peach Cobbler, Indulge in a mouthwatering Triple Crust Peach Cobbler recipe that combines the perfect balance of flaky pastry, sweet peaches, and a crumbly topping. Learn how to make this delectable dessert at home.”
Triple Crust Peach Cobbler Recipe: A Taste of Southern Comfort
Are you craving a delightful dessert that captures the essence of Southern comfort food? Look no further than our Triple Crust Peach Cobbler recipe. This delectable dish combines the natural sweetness of ripe peaches with a heavenly trio of crusts, creating a dessert that’s both comforting and satisfying. Follow our step-by-step instructions to whip up this crowd-pleaser and savor the flavors of the South in every bite.
Ingredients for Triple Crust Peach Cobbler :
- 4 cups of fresh, ripe peaches (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
Instructions: How to Make Triple Crust Peach Cobbler
- Preheat Your Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare the Peaches: In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches and 1/2 cup of sugar. Let them sit for about 10 minutes, allowing the sugar to draw out the peach juices.
- Create the Bottom Crust: Melt the butter and pour it into a 9×13-inch baking dish. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk and vanilla extract, and mix until you have a smooth batter. Pour this batter over the melted butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.
- Add the Peaches: Gently spoon the sugared peaches and their juices over the batter. Again, do not stir.
- Top with Additional Crust: If desired, sprinkle ground cinnamon and nutmeg over the peaches for added flavor. Then, bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and the cobbler is bubbling.
- Serve Warm: Let the Triple Crust Peach Cobbler cool slightly before serving. It’s best enjoyed warm, perhaps with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat.
Tips for the Perfect Triple Crust Peach Cobbler
- Use ripe, juicy peaches for the best flavor.
- Feel free to customize the crust by adding a touch of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delightful dessert experience.
Wrap-Up: In conclusion, our Triple Crust Peach Cobbler recipe is a fantastic way to enjoy the flavors of the South in a single dish. With its blend of sweet peaches and three delightful crusts, it’s a dessert that will leave your taste buds singing. So, don your apron and try your hand at this Southern classic today!
Nutrition Facts for Triple Crust Peach Cobbler:
Indulging in a delicious Triple Crust Peach Cobbler is a delightful treat, but it’s also important to be aware of its nutritional content. Here, we provide you with a breakdown of the nutrition facts for this delectable dessert, so you can enjoy it in moderation while making informed choices about your diet.
Nutrition Information per Serving (1 slice, approximately 1/12 of the cobbler):
- Calories: 297
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 30g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamins and Minerals:
- Calcium: 86mg (7% DV)
- Iron: 1mg (6% DV)
- Potassium: 178mg (4% DV)
- Vitamin A: 366IU (8% DV)
- Vitamin C: 3.6mg (4% DV)
Nutrition Facts Explained:
- Calories: A single serving of Triple Crust Peach Cobbler contains approximately 297 calories, making it a moderately calorie-dense dessert. Be mindful of portion size when enjoying this treat.
- Total Fat: There are 11 grams of total fat in one serving, with 6 grams of saturated fat. Saturated fat should be consumed in moderation as part of a healthy diet.
- Cholesterol: With 27mg of cholesterol per serving, this dessert contains a moderate amount. Keep an eye on your overall daily cholesterol intake.
- Sodium: Each serving contains 246mg of sodium, which is relatively low for a dessert. It’s important to monitor your sodium intake as part of a balanced diet.
- Total Carbohydrates: The cobbler is carbohydrate-rich, with 47 grams per serving. It also provides 2 grams of dietary fiber and 30 grams of sugars. The fiber can help with digestion, while the sugars contribute to the sweet taste.
- Protein: There are 3 grams of protein in one serving. While this dessert is not a significant source of protein, it can still be part of a well-rounded meal plan.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Triple Crust Peach Cobbler provides some calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin A, and vitamin C. These micronutrients play various roles in supporting overall health.
- Enjoy Triple Crust Peach Cobbler in moderation as an occasional treat due to its calorie and sugar content.
- Consider making healthier substitutions when possible, such as using whole-grain flour for the crust or reducing sugar.
- Pair your cobbler with a side of fresh fruit or a small portion of low-fat yogurt to balance your dessert with additional nutrients.
Remember that these nutritional values are approximate and can vary depending on the specific ingredients and preparation methods used. It’s important to be mindful of portion sizes and incorporate a variety of foods into your diet to ensure a balanced and nutritious eating pattern.